Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine!
From Goodreads: Dane Washington is one suspension away from expulsion. In a high school full of “haves,” being a “have not” makes Dane feel like life is hurtling toward one big dead end. Billy D. spends his high school days in Special Ed and he’s not exactly a “have” himself. The biggest thing Billy’s missing? His dad. Billy is sure the riddles his father left in an atlas are really clues to finding him again and through a bizarre turn of events, he talks Dane into joining him on the search.
A bully and a boy with Down syndrome makes for an unlikely friendship, but together, they work through the clues, leading to unmarked towns and secrets of the past. But they’re all dead ends. Until the final clue . . . and a secret Billy shouldn’t have been keeping.
As a journalist, Erin Jade Lange is inspired by hot button issues like bullying, but it is her honest characters and breakneck plotting that make Dead Ends a must-read.

 Date we're waiting for: September 3, 2013.
I don't know about you, but Lange's first book, Butter, made such an impression on me that every book she comes out with is an automatic addition to my TBR pile!

3 comments:

  1. I can't keep out to research This Is What Pleased Looks Like, I liked her first information so I'm anticipating i'll really like this one too

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was such a impressive guest post. As an committed author, being refused is always scary (yet so possible) outcome - if I ever published my information, of course. I appreciate June for talking about her problems, and I'm so thankful that she determined to look past the returns and execute around them and get her information out there. That was incredibly brave! Asylum looks pretty interesting, too, so I'll be keeping an eye out for your assessment.

    Thanks for talking about, you two!

    ReplyDelete