Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: The Moon and More by Sarah Dessen

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.
From Goodreads: Luke is the perfect boyfriend: handsome, kind, fun. He and Emaline have been together all through high school in Colby, the beach town where they both grew up. But now, in the summer before college, Emaline wonders if perfect is good enough. 
Enter Theo, a super-ambitious outsider, a New Yorker assisting on a documentary film about a reclusive local artist. Theo's sophisticated, exciting, and, best of all, he thinks Emaline is much too smart for Colby.
Emaline's mostly-absentee father, too, thinks Emaline should have a bigger life, and he's convinced that an Ivy League education is the only route to realizing her potential. Emaline is attracted to the bright future that Theo and her father promise. But she also clings to the deep roots of her loving mother, stepfather, and sisters. Can she ignore the pull of the happily familiar world of Colby?
Emaline wants the moon and more, but how can she balance where she comes from with where she's going?
Sarah Dessen's devoted fans will welcome this story of romance, yearning, and, finally, empowerment. It could only happen in the summer.

Date we're waiting for: June 4, 2013.
I don't know about you, but if it's by Sarah Dessen, I'm waiting on it! 

6 comments:

  1. :D I already have this one on order at my library. You wouldn't believe how popular Sarah Dessen is, she is hardly ever on the shelf!

    Waiting on Wednesday @ the Brunette Librarian’s Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I totally know how popular she is! I never see her on the shelves. I have it pre-ordered from Amazon.

      Delete
  2. I've only read one of Dessen's books so far. I'm definitely going to need to read more though!

    Here's Mine @ Pinkindle Reads & Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any of Sarah Dessen's books :( I'm so baaad

    New follower via GFC
    follow back?

    WoW

    http://lite-rate-ture.blogspot.com/2013/04/waiting-on-wednesday.html#links

    INT Giveaway Win a signed copy of Unravel Me and Shatter Me T-Shirts

    http://lite-rate-ture.blogspot.com/2013/03/signed-booksgiveaway300-followers.html#links

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. READ! I DEMAND YOU READ THEM! Haha, but seriously, she is the greatest and she's so nice and funny. And if you need someplace to start, my favorite book of all time is This Lullaby.

      Delete